Friday, August 20, 2010

Shoe Fetish: melissa + ZAHA HADID

What more could I ask for when it comes to all thing architecture & gratifying my shoe fetish- perhaps a shoe that fits, and is designed by an architect.

And viola... there it was like a wish come true: Limited edition shoes designed by Zaha Hadid for Melissa Shoes on sale at Gilt Groupe, Woah, I had to grab them before somebody else did.

Well designed, ergonomic, smartly asymetrical; they come with pleasantly infused aroma; first of its kind in my collection. I am impressed.

Concept as expressed on Zaha's website:
The design engages with the fluid organic contours of the body. The shoes asymmetric quality conveys an inherent sense of movement to the design, evoking continuous transformation
.
 ... read more




Now I own my very own piece of Zaha



No comments: